Wednesday, November 2, 2011

French Manicure

I am not a high maintenance girl.  I'm very low maintenance, in fact I'm practically no maintenance.  Which definitely has it's benefits.  If push comes to shove I can get ready for work in under five minutes ( (and it often does since I only live 5 minutes from work).  Also - this comes in handy because where I work my hands and nails get dirty.  In case you guessed, yes I have a terribly glamorous job.

So, it's a little shock to me that I'm jealous of women with beautifully manicured nails.

While I was grocery shopping I decided to pick up a french manicure kit.  It was only $5 and I figured it was better than buying another thing of Nutella (man, oh man I could write an entire blog on the chocolate hazelnut goodness).

On my next day off I vegged out in front of Food Network and decided to paint my nails.  Then something happened that I can't quite explain.  There is no logical reason that shiny nails with white tips and sheer, pink polish should make me feel glamorous.  Girly.  Pretty.  But they DO.  I can't quit looking at them.  I'm sure my coworkers are sick of me admiring my nails.  I work with mostly men, for chrissakes, I get to feel pretty!

Who knows maybe this will inspire me to start doing my hair and wearing make-up.

Ha, made myself laugh there for a minute.

I can think of a bajillion better things to do with that time.

Like sleeping, for instance.

But I'm totally keeping the nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment