Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years

I know we have all seen the specials and the articles and the footage of today, ten years ago.  To be perfectly frank, I'm tired of seeing it.

So I'm not going to bore you here with my story.  I can remember where I was when it happened.  And how I felt days and moments after it happened.  If I close my eyes I can take myself back there.  What I remember most is wondering how we were going to get through tomorrow, let alone 10 years.

The stories from that day that I remember most are the ones of kindness.  How everybody just wanted to help one another.  And we held hands and put one foot in front of the other.  Then one day had passed.  Followed by a week.  A month went by.  Before you knew it, it had been a year.  And now?  It's been 10 years.

I don't think we should ignore what happened or forget it.  But rehashing and revisiting that day isn't going to help anyone. After the crippling fear and overwhelming anger subsided what lasted was pride.  Hope.  Love.

Those are the very things that we should look back and reflect on.  Those are the memories that we should hold onto strongly.

Those are the things that should be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment