Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Year Ago...

...I had finished shoveling out my car and was dealing with the aftermath of 20+ inches of snow.

As was the entire Chicagoland area.  Which I talked about here.

Today it was in the 40's.  Earlier this week it was almost 60.  I left my apartment before 10 in the morning without a coat.  In January.

This winter we have had days that look like this:
What you can't see is that it's about 60 degrees here.  In the middle of January.
Last winter:
Yes.  This was taken at about the same location.
It's astonishing how different these two winters have been.  And, in an odd way, there was something kind of cool about going through a winter that felt like winters you always hear about.  I could kind of appreciate how much some people love winter.




Okay.


I'm kidding.



You can stop looking at me like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment